Lockdown Update April 2021 FTC
Hello 2021 FTC Members!
Good news, it looks like the club will be able to stay open during this lockdown period, as long as we strictly adhere to protocols. This is not quite the same as last year with the variants being more contagious so we urge you to take additional precautions to protect yourself.
Please refresh yourselves with the rules listed below. If we are caught not following protocol, we may be forced to close.
We will keep you posted should anything change regarding playing doubles as well as when the township plans to turn the water on so we can open the washrooms.
See you on the courts!
-Your FTC Board
Fergus Tennis Club COVID-19 Rules and Regulations
- Doubles play is permitted as long as you stay 6 feet from your partner.
- Avoid changing ends or change on opposite sides of the net.
- Use two sets of balls per game and mark yours so you only pick up your own.
- Use your racquet or foot to return balls that come onto your play area.
- Small safety cones are to be kept between courts as a reminder not to cross over into someone else’s court area.
- Members must maintain social distancing (6 feet) at all times while on club premises.
- Online booking of the Tower St. courts is available, members must list all players that will be on the courts.
- The clubhouse and water fountain are closed, bring your own water bottle(s).
- Members are to use the sanitizer before and after touching the keypad, opening/closing the gate, wipe down any equipment you use, anything you touch.
- Washrooms are closed as the water is not yet turned on.
- Private, semi-private, or group (if participants are all within the same family) lessons will still be offered by Pro Dave.
Please report any issues to your executive firstname.lastname@example.org or text 905-515-0874